According to one government study in the United States, 66.3% of adults are overweight or obese. That means 2 out of every three adults could stand to shed a few pounds.
If You are asking yourself or others this question: “how many days a week should I work out to lose weight?”
Potrei dirtelo, ma…
…Ma la verità è questa:
You see I could give you a number, even try and back it up with scientific evidence, but what I have learned is this:
Esercizio da solo non ha dimostrato di causare una perdita di peso significativa. In altre parole, non puoi correre più veloce della tua forchetta.
La verità dietro la perdita di peso
Ok, non far cadere i manubri ancora!
La maggior parte delle persone non vuole “perdere peso”. solo perché vogliono un certo numero sulla scala, o una certa percentuale di IMC.
What do most people who “want to lose weight” REALLY want? They want to LOOK good and FEEL good, and usually both. And this is why exercise is a MUST.
Ecco cosa può fare l’esercizio, e perché DOVREBBBE esercitarsi
- Migliorare la propria salute mentale, sollevare la depressione, alleviare l’ansia, ecc,
- Esercizio releases feel-good chemicals that, frankly, make you happy. Runner’s high, anyone?
- Gives your body a great shape. No matter how thin you are, no one looks hot with a flat butt. Just saying. Come hither sexy lean muscle!
- Supporta perdita di peso e aiuta a mantenerlo, se combinato con una buona dieta.
Ok, torniamo alla domanda originale:
Quanti giorni alla settimana devo allenarmi per perdere peso?
Una rapida ricerca
OK, off the top of my head, I am going to say one hour, 3 to 5 days a week. Since this answer is neither scientific, non backed by any health organization, I decided some research was in order.
Ecco cosa ho trovato:
Il sito ACSM o Consiglio Americano di Medicina dello Sport , ha 3 raccomandazioni, a seconda del vostro obiettivo.
- Per prevenire l’aumento di peso: 150 to 250 minutes of moderate intensity exercise per week. If your workouts are 50 minutes long, that is between 3 to 5 days a week, about what I thought.
- Per la perdita di peso: 150 to 250 for minor weight loss but more than 250 minuets per week for significant weight loss. So, for significant weight loss you need to have either 6 days a week of 50 minutes each, or solo have longer workouts and less days. NOTA: Il sito ACSM states that calorie restriction increases weight loss, so you can combine calorie restriction with a moderate exercise time, and lose a good amount of weight.
- Per mantenere la perdita di peso: Some number less than 250 minutes per week. This makes sense to me because I workout between 3 to 5 days a week for 1 hour and have had no problem maintaining my weight loss.
Quanti giorni alla settimana dovresti allenarti per perdere peso?
One of my favorite bloggers or vloggers Jessica Smith TV says that we need to listen to our body and take our queue from there. We need to find what works for us.
Jessica parla anche di un’altra cosa che mi è venuta in mente:
Che cos’è l'”esercizio fisico”?
For example, if I commit to 3 to 5 days a week, do all those days need to be in the gym or working out at home for those abs?
Does a ½ day forest hike count? What if I spend an hour chopping wood and piling it on the side of the house? Is that a workout? What if I go to the water park with my boys, or spend the day swimming in the ocean?
Direi di sì, queste attività contano come “allenamento”.
Personally, I still try to get to the gym a MINIMUM of 3 days a week to get specific, instructor guided strength training, which is invaluable to me.
Si può allenare tutti i giorni?
Ad essere onesti, è non a good idea. Our bodies need rest time. Rest is when our bodies build muscle and regenerate other tissue such as ligaments and tendons.
L’allenamento quotidiano può portare a un fenomeno chiamato sovrallenamento.
Che cos’è il sovrallenamento? Overtraining happens from working out too much and non giving your body a chance to recover.
Indizi che forse ti stai allenando troppo:
- Svegliarsi stanchi
- Le tue mestruazioni si fermano
- Problemi di libido
- Depressione, irritabilità
- Non riesco a concentrarmi
While these can be signs of other health problems, if you are training frequently with very high intensity, you may want to consider your training regimen.
Nota : Calorie restriction and lack of sleep contribute to the effects of overtraining and you will arrive at the state much faster if you are eating and /or sleeping less too.
Ok, quindi vuoi davvero perdere grasso?
Cosa fare per perdere peso
One of my favorite sources for all fitness related topics r/fitness has this article pinned in their wiki, and the article is worth the time it takes to read and then some.
FWIW they do offer a link to a child-friendly version of the article, so you can read it sans the bad words.
Il sito article is empowering because it helps you realize that the ability to change lies within you and discourages excuses.
Excuses are disempowering and only thwart change. Avoid them! Il sito article busts some diet myths apart and does so in a hilarious manner.
Il sito article lays out the basics in a way that is straightforward, logical, and solo funny. I can non recommend the article highly enough if fat loss is your goal.
Let us know what you think in the comments! How many days a week are you working out, and how has your weight loss journey been? We would love to hear from you.